Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Retirement cake

Following the cake i made for Chrissa, her aunty asked if i could make a cake for someone who is retiring at the school she works at. I was thrilled! I haven't had too much practice with cakes yet but i had done the one for Chrissa only a couple of weeks ago and i figure i wont get better unless i practice!

The only instruction i was given is for the cake to read 'happy retirement laurie' and she also mentioned that he likes planes. I hope Laurie likes the plane, my husband and i made it together and i thought it looked cute - hopefully Laurie wasnt expecting a realistic looking plane!!! This is what i came up with...

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING work! I love looking at all your creations, your BRILLIANT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab, I bet he loved it!

    I found these pics today, and thought they might give you some ideas: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/photogallery/parenting/eb-picks/eb-loves-hello-naomi/20100226-p8tu.html

    ReplyDelete

 

Sweetened with Love Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice