Saturday, August 1, 2009

My First Post AND Cupcake Decorating Course !!



Welcome to my first post!

In early June, after arriving from the most wonderful 5 weeks holiday in Europe with my gorgeous husband i decided this would be the year when i begin to explore my passion for baking and decorating. I love to bake and enjoy sharing my treats with my husband, family and friends, and lately work colleagues too!

I searched the web for beginner courses and stumbled across the wonderful Planet Cake website. I immediately booked myself into the Basics 101 course after seeing the wonderful creations that past students have created. I was so eager to learn some cake decorating techniques so in the mean time I enrolled into a cupcake course with Cake Decorating Central because, well, who doesn't love cupcakes!

I headed to Cake Decorating Central in Campbelltown on 16 July and arrived a little early which meant i spent some time AND money in their lovely and well stocked store!!

In our 3 hour course we decorated 9 beautifully coordinated pink and white cupcakes using a number of different icings and techniques. I never imagined i could learn so much in so little time! My proudest moment was seeing how simple it is to make roses and flowers! No doubt i will be making these again soon!

I must thank the lovely ladies at Cake Decorating Central for introducing me to a variety of decorating techniques and giving me the confidence to decorate. I thoroughly enjoyed the class and would recommend it to anyone starting out.

And i must add that no decorating tool kit is complete without sparkle dust! We brushed this onto our cupcakes once completed and it gave them a gorgeous shimmer and sparkle!

My favourtie cupcake is the one on the bottom left.

I hope you have enjoyed my first post !

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sweetened with Love Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice